The fever-pitched paranoia and dis-information campaign organizers must be pleased.
The perversion of common sense continues as an increasing number of nimrods (informal def.) dismiss their own intellect for the destructive rantings of self-aggrandizing bigots. Glenn Beck and Dick Armey are taking credit for mounting the divisive lather of hysteria witnessed on 9/12/2009 in Washington DC. All that was missing were the nooses and men in white robes with white pointy hats.
The Muslim Population in the United States is 0.8%. (see here) According to IslamicPopulation.com, the percentage of muslim population in North and South America is 1.06%.
Where in those numbers do you see the “Muslims Taking Over” as decried by an uninformed protester at the “homage to ignorance” rally on Saturday, 9/12? This daft and utterly baseless claim is a result of the alarmist tactics and irresponsible use of the media by those whose singular goal is higher ratings and increased revenues. But this antagonistic, albeit accepted approach will come at a price. Press reports confirm a politically motivated increase of intolerance, obstinacy and violent behavior. How is that productive? The only purpose for relaying disinformation in that manner is to provoke the ugly side within us. Again, how is that productive?
- FreedomWorks president Matt Kibbe, event organizer, was caught lying about the attendance of this non-productive hate-filled gathering by inflating the number by about 30 times the actual estimate. Obviously an effort to garner recruits by ridiculously puffing up the numbers.
- Sean Hannity blatantly lied, falsely claiming that President Obama called insurance execs “bad people”.
- Rush Limbaugh authoritatively blamed Barack Obama for the financial meltdown exactly one day after he was elected president.
Any thinking person would recognize the obvious ploys of these social detractors, but unfortunately that’s not what we’re dealing with.
This is what happens to a culture whose collective head has been softened up by approximately 60 years of television commercials, soap operas and the unchallenged use of deliberate false information in order to confuse and persuade the lesser and lazier among us.
If you only look to the right when crossing the street, one of these days you’ll end up pavement patè.
If you’re going to hold contempt for someone, maybe it should be the ones who encourage contemptuous behavior. You owe it to yourself, your country and to those who bravely fight and have fought for your right to speak freely, to at least consider other view points before making a final decision.
Think with your own mind, not the one you borrowed from TV.
Spread Hate, Destroy Property, Kill people – The Authoritarian Dynamic*
The quotes below represent a small sample of the conscious, or otherwise, incitement campaign by self-agrandizers who suck the brains out of millions of overly impressionable eyes and ears.
Stan Lee wrote – “With great power, there must also come great responsibility.” It’s a narrative caption on a Spiderman comic book.
It’s also an appropriately illustrative application of Mr. Lee’s wisdom given that the characters quoted below are cartoonish in almost every way except, of course, for the excruciating socio-physical bile they produce.
Of particular note; the LaRouche Organization, who takes credit for creating and distributing posters of President Obama with a Hitler mustache and other Nazi-related defamatory literature directed at the President at local town hall meetings, actually sides itself with Nazi ideologically. Their Anti-semitism, minimizing of the holocaust and position that Nazi war criminals should NOT be prosecuted is well known. But now they’re using Nazi imagery to vilify? And what was WWII about anyway?
In the historical words of Joseph Welch – “Have You No Sense of Decency”.
The perversion of common sense.
Below are a couple entertainers who are selling ad space, writers (sic) selling books, religious zealots adrift in a chasm of misinterpretation and a few bona-fide wack-jobs. It would be comical if they didn’t have so much influence (tragically) over so many whose confused complacency prevent them from researching the twisted allegory of the irresponsible and agendized rhetoric these demagouges incessantly spew.
- “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”
- “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”
- “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”
- “The seasoned citizen population is well aware of Obama’s Cash for Caskets program with them in the caskets. In fact, ladies and gentlemen, we told you about the VA Death Book last week.”
- “I want him [Obama] to fail.”
- “Obama is terrorist attack number 2; Obama is the follow-up to 9-11.”
- “This president, I think, has exposed himself as a guy — over and over and over again — who has a deep seated hatred for white people or white culture, I don’t know what it is . . . I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people. I’m saying he has a problem, this guy is, I believe, a racist.”
- “They think they — and they — they — you know what? At this point, gang, I’m not sure, they may be able to because they are so far ahead of us. They know what they’re dealing against; most of America does not yet. Most of America doesn’t have a clue as to what’s going on. There is a coup going on. There is a stealing of America, and the way it is done, it has been done through the — the guise of an election, but they lied to us the entire time.”
- “When you enlist in the U.S. military, you have take an oath that says you’re gonna support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies – foreign and domestic – we talk a lot on this program about the foreign threats – maybe we should spend some time tonight on the domestic one….the physical threat may be developing domestically as well,”
- “I have to tell you, in general, I’m skeptical of anything that has Bill of Rights tacked on to it”
- “Why didn’t Obama save every child from drowning? Why just one? This myopia stems from his old, outdated liberal-elitist sensibility which states that the only drowning child worth saving is the one who has the connections and the wherewithal to be in the general vicinity of America’s so-called Swimmer-in-Chief.”
- “Debate” Ezra Klein? What a perverse distraction and a laughable waste of time that would be. And that’s what they really want, isn’t it? To distract and waste time so they can foist their agenda on the country unimpeded.”
- “Just get me a f**king faith-based thing. Got it?”
- “Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers,”
REVEREND WILEY DRAKE:
- “Imprecatory prayer is agreeing with God, and if people don’t like that, they need to talk to God,” Drake told host Alan Colmes.
- “God said it, I didn’t. I was just agreeing with God.”
- Asked if there are others for whom Drake is praying “imprecatory prayer,” Drake hesitated before answering that there are several. “The usurper that is in the White House is one, B. Hussein Obama,” he said.
- Colmes later pressed Drake to ensure he had heard the preacher right.
- “Are you praying for his death?” Colmes asked.
- “Yes,” Drake replied.
- “So you’re praying for the death of the president of the United States?”
REVEREND JOHN HAGEE:
- “God caused Hurricane Katrina to wipe out New Orleans because it had a gay pride parade the week before and was filled with sexual sin.”
- “All Muslims are programmed to kill and we can thus never negotiate with any of them.”
- “The End Times — Rapture — is imminent and the U.S. Government must do what it can to hasten it, which at minimum requires: (a) a war with Iran and (b) undying, absolute support for a unified Israel, including all Occupied Territories.”
- “As for ‘Jewish culture’…it is merely the residue left to the Jewish home after everything saleable has been marketed to the Goyim.”
- “have declared war against Obama’s so-called health care reform because it is a direct copy of the policy Hitler declared in October 1939, when Hitler issued the order for euthanasia against those determined, by a board of medical experts, to have ‘lives unworthy to be lived.'”
- (New Solidarity, August 22, 1978) that the Zionist Lobby is “the most visible of the internal enemies of the United States–and of the human race–at this specific moment. Every policy it is currently pushing is pure evil….”
- (“New Pamphlet to Document Cult Origins of Zionism,” New Solidarity, Dec. 8, 1978) that the 1.5 million Jews whom he concedes died were the victims of “the Nazi policy of labor-intensive ‘appropriate technology’ for the employment of ‘inferior races,’ a small fraction of the tens of millions of others–especially Slavs–who were murdered….” (In other words, LaRouche denies there was any deliberate gas-chamber extermination campaign against the Jews.)
SEN. JOSEPH MCCARTHY:
- “Today we are engaged in a final, all-out battle between communistic atheism and Christianity.”
- “I’m the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can’t.'”
- “I think God’s will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that.”
- “Barack Obama pals around with terrorists.”
- “Our clear goal must be the advancement of the white race and separation of the white and black races. This goal must include freeing of the American media and government from subservient Jewish interests.”
- “These Jews who run things, who are producing this mental illness – teenage suicide… all these Jewish sicknesses. That’s nothing new. The Talmud’s full of things like sex with boys and girls.”
- On Michael Steele’s appointment to RNC Chair-
- “I am glad these traitorous leaders of the Republican Party appointed this Black racist, affirmative action advocate to the head of the Republican party because this will lead to a huge revolt among the Republican base. As a former Republican official, I can tell you that millions of rank-and-file Republicans are mad as hell and aren’t going to take it anymore! We will either take the Republican Party back over the next four years or we will say, “To Hell With the Republican Party!” And we will take 90 percent of Republicans with us into a New Party that will take its current place!”
- “If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.”
- “We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity.”
- “The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man’s dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet — it’s yours. That’s our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars — that’s the Biblical view.”
- “What I find so deliciously amusing and so vastly hypocritical about this whole Asshole-in-Chief incident is that Obama’s rescuing this poor boy from drowning is completely at odds with his uber-liberal-facist policies of deliberately impregnating unsuspecting women just so they can be forced to undergo abortions.”
- “On the question of so-called torture, we don’t do torture. We never have.”
- “I think the evidence is overwhelming that the EITs (enhanced interrogation techniques) were crucial in getting them to cooperate,…”
- “In Iraq, a ruthless dictator cultivated weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. He gave support to terrorists, had an established relationship with al Qaeda, and his regime is no more.”
- “I’m very proud of what we did”